Thursday 18 August 2011

Interview: Samantha Watson (model)


So what attracted you to take part in Africa Fashion Week?
Well, I wanted to be a part of the 1st ever Africa Fashion Week. I knew it was going to be a big event, the world would be covering it. It would also be great exposure for myself.

How long have you been modelling for? What other projects have you been involved in or currently involved in?
I have been modelling for 2 years. Last year I got to the top 30 of Top Model of Colour and have also taken part in London Fashion Week. I’m actually a creative director and stylist and I do photo shoots and shows. Also, on the 19th, 20th and 21st I am working on an event, Calo Festival, which is going to be held at Alexandra Palace. There will be some big names performing such as Movado. I have been working on this for a couple months now, had casting sessions last week and I’m enjoying it. I’m all about helping people.

That’s brilliant. So you must have worked with other teams at modelling events, how did you find working with our stylist team at Africa Fashion Week? Yeah they were very good. Very creative. I’ve asked the team if they would be happy to work with me in the future. I like that they worked efficiently and creatively.

Very pleased to hear that! Were you pleased with the outcome of your hairstyle produced by the team? Were there any other hairstyles you were particularly fond of?
Loved my hairstyle. Really enjoyed it. I think mine topped it off (laughs).  I also really liked the blonde Flexi Braid that was used on Abi.

Were you impressed by the accessories, weaves and extensions that Real Hair by Clara provided?
yeah I loved it all. I like being unusual and that’s why I wanted pictures of stock. They can be versatile, Caucasian. Cater for mixed, black, everyone. I like that.





After seeing the hairstyles produced and the accessories used across the event, would you recommend the Real Hair by Clara range to others?

I think you guys have good ideas and a great concept. I would always be more than happy to have you on board.

That’s real good to hear, thank you. Do you have any other final opinions for the event or yourself?
My goal for myself as a model, I want to be recognised as a mixed race model. I have love for the African community that’s where we all come from at the end of the day. But I am looking forward to the Calo event as I hope we can get the same support from the African community as Caribbeans have given them at this event. That’s what I hope for. In 2011 today, no matter what, we are all one race, one human race.

I understand where you’re coming from there. Thank you for speaking with us though Samantha; it’s been great talking to you. We wish you luck this weekend, hope that it all goes well.
Thank you, thank you. Thanks for speaking with me


No comments:

Post a Comment